4 hour Group Beginner Kiteboarding Course
4 hours Group Beginner Course (R1580)
The 4 hour beginner course is recommended for people who aim to learn the sport. All the basics get taught on the beach, and when all the kite control is done (3 or 4 hours) you will then get in the water. We will cover all you need to know about the weather, safety and kite flying skills.
Things you will learn:
- All steps explained in the 2 hour course.
- Kite launching & landing.
- Kite re-launch from the water/ground.
- Power stroke (how to get the power from your kite). * Advanced kite flying skills.
In this lesson we will teach you all you need to know before you get into the water for your body drag lesson.
Want to know what the wind is doing on your lesson day?
Check out the Windguru forecast below and scroll down to the description below to find out how to read it.
Windguru forecasts have all the details you need to know about the wind as a budding kitesurfer. It is used by beginners, instructors and even professional kiteboarders to find out what the wind conditions are going to be like at their local spot. But understanding what all the colors, numbers and arrows mean can be confusing for a novice. Below is a key to help you understand what conditions are forecasted at Big Bay in Cape Town for the next 72 hours.
Windguru Key and Lesson Capabilities.
What you are looking for:
- Wind Strength: Between 10 - 15 knots. Good for Beginner Lessons
- Wind Strength: Between 15 - 30 knots. Good for Body Dragging and Board Riding Lessons
- Wind Strength: Color Between Green and Red.
- Wind Direction: ESE - S.
- Wind Direction: Arrows pointing up between South toEast